Thread: 338 Federal

338 Federal

Been mulling around re-barreling a M14 type rifle to a 338 Federal for busting feral hogs. Anyone here have any experience with the aforementioned cartridge, not necessarily with a 14 type.
    ? Anyone with a reamer laying around they would like get rid of?

I build one on an AR10 platform. Shot so so with a premium barrel blank, but I really never played with any loads...it was heavier than I wanted and the rifle is still sitting in the corner. If you want to borrow a reamer, PM me and I'll lend it to you when you need it. I thought about doing a short action lightweight build, but I have a couple 358's that do quite well with the 225 Sierras and only needed so many 'brush' guns!

Quote Originally Posted by msalm View Post
    I build one on an AR10 platform. Shot so so with a premium barrel blank, but I really never played with any loads...it was heavier than I wanted and the rifle is still sitting in the corner. If you want to borrow a reamer, PM me and I'll lend it to you when you need it. I thought about doing a short action lightweight build, but I have a couple 358's that do quite well with the 225 Sierras and only needed so many 'brush' guns!

Thank you, might take you up on the reamer loaner offer.

nez,
    let us know how this works

Did you find a reamer? I have one