Thread: H&r 5200

H&r 5200

I am having a problem with my H&R 5200 not ejecting the shells ,anyone had this problem before

Is this a new problem or from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    Is this a new problem or from the start.
    I bought this rifle used and it had no sights on it so it sit in the safe for a while
    Put a scope on it and tried it out and it would not eject the shell,this is the first time i have used it

Is this extraction on a live or spent round?
    Todd

Is it a failure to extract or a failure to eject problem?
    Hawkeye Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by todde View Post
    Is this extraction on a live or spent round?
    Todd
    It was a failure to extract a live round , i loaded a live round and opened the chamber and the round stayed in the chamber i closed the bolt 4 times ,then i just removed the Bolt and put rifle back in the case

If you could safely fire the rifle it may eject the spent case. Even if it didn't it would be a bit safer.

I suspect it will extract if you fire the round. Most competition type chambers don't extract live rounds well.
    Todd

Match Chamber

Quote Originally Posted by Perry dupuis View Post
    It was a failure to extract a live round , i loaded a live round and opened the chamber and the round stayed in the chamber i closed the bolt 4 times ,then i just removed the Bolt and put rifle back in the case
    The 5200 is the same as the M12, both have a match chamber, this means, part of the bullet is engaged into the rifling when seated. This makes it harder to extract a live round. I have owned a couple of M12's, extracting a live round requires either digging it out with a small screw diver, pocket knife or cleaning rod down the barrel. Nothing wrong with the rifle, its just the way it was made.

After firing the round it ejected just fine ,never had a rifle do this to me.trying to fix something that is not broke
    Thanks for the help